Patience waiting for dinner. Is it possible? Oh yes, it is! You know the drill, hungry stomachs and patience rarely go hand in hand. Especially when you call them to the dinner table and they watch you mill around the kitchen finishing dinner off and rushing for plates. “We want dinner, we want dinner,” knife and fork in hands slamming off the table. We were guilty of this when we were kids. Every parent knows distraction is key. And I’ve just uncovered the best distraction – and my goodness an educational tool too! Enter the Table Time Look and Learn tablecloth! Read more to see what it is and how you can order yours. Don’t forget to use our coupon code for a whopping 35% off!
When I was a kid meal times were very important and happy family occasions. We always sat down together, ate, talked about our day and laughed. There was a lot of laughter. I’ve talked before how I have, on occasion, tried to replicate my childhood for A. This is obviously impossible and her childhood will be different from mine. But meal times are special and an important time for families to open up and communicate without the distraction of tv and toys.
I remember we had placemats with beautiful drawn images on them. My brother and I would play with these mats, making up games, as we sat patiently (are kids ever patient?) waiting for our dinner. I would trace my finger around the images and make up stories with the characters. I loved it.
When I saw the Table Time tablecloth, it brought these memories flooding back to me and I was so excited to receive a Mostly Math! tablecloth from Table Time Look and Learn.
But more importantly, A was so excited to see all of the beautiful images. We spent the first half hour of receiving it just going through all of the images with the tablecloth spread out on the floor! I think A was a little disappointed when I told her it couldn’t stay on the sitting room floor indefinitely! The tablecloth now proudly sits on our dining table after a bit of coercion from Momma Bear.
A is three in October and can count to twenty – which makes me an incredibly proud mother – the Table Time tablecloth is perfect to help A associate these numbers with the physical characters. But, there is so much more to this tablecloth than just math. The images are beautifully drawn, colourful and eye-catching and ready to be used as an excellent educational tool. It is designed for ages 18 months to 6 years. I can most definitely see us getting years of use out of it. We can increase the level of education along with A’s skills and her understanding of the concepts displayed. Already, I can see the benefits as A is eager to look at all of the pictures and learn.
Table Time brings you and your child through many, every day ideas and problems to solve.
- Comparisons, counting, addition and subtraction
- Hours, days, months, seasons
- Names of common and uncommon shapes
- Greater than, less than
- Plus one and minus one counting
- Counting to 50 by 1’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Counting backwards from 50
- It also helps will memory recognition
In addition to everything the physical pictures offer, the Table Time tablecloth is:
- Teacher designed and approved
- Includes over 20 important State Standard math lessons for pre-k and kindergarten level
- Filled with fun characters and illustrated by an Emmy® nominated artist
- A PVC-free product. Printed on kid-safe PEVA, a healthy choice!
Verdict 8/10 – It’s a Buy
What I like about Table Time Mostly Math:
- It’s beautiful, eye-catching and colourful
- There is a great variety amd range of activities and lots to learn
- It is a PVC free product – admittedly I never worried about this sort of thing before A arrived but clearly children change your perspective on these things
- You can use washable markers on the cloth and it washes off great
- It has a felt backing so the tablecloth doesn’t slide off the table (although, I may purchase something stronger for underneath, just in case)
What I don’t like about Table Time Mostly Math:
- At first it seems like the tablecloth is thin and I worried about its durability. I would like this tablecloth to last us for years so this as a concern of mine when I first saw it. However, I have been told that the cloth is fully durable and should stand the test of time. Obviously, time will tell on this one but I’m quietly confident.
Bear in Mind
- Table Time Look and Learn is American so the currency is dollars with dimes and nickels. This is fine, being on this side of the world, because A was still excited to see “all the money” and started counting them straight away.
In all, I love this tablecloth and I hope that as A grows older she will learn alongside it and use her imagination creating stories with the characters as she waits for dinner – just like I did all those years ago. It gives us the opportunity, as parents, to bring education to the dining room table and encourages a multitude of skills – conversation, memory, math, imagination and hopefully lots of laughter over the years.
The Mostly Math Tablecloth can be bought directly from Table Time Look and Learn with International Shipping.
The wonderful people at Table Time Look and Learn have provided my lovely readers a whopping 35% off your next order. Simply enter the coupon code HEAVEN at the checkout! (Coupon valid until the 23rd of August.)
A Little Bit About the Creator of Table Time Look And Learn
*** This is a collaborative post. I was provided with a Table Time Tablecloth in exchange for a review. All views are honest and my own. ***